10 of the best Ted Lasso quotes that will make you believe.
The heartwarming series following small-time, enthusiastic football coach Ted Lasso has captured our hearts and provided us with some brilliant lines to quote on the regular because we just can’t get enough.
We are super excited that season 2 is on its way to our screens in late July, but to keep you going until then we’ve compiled the 10 best quotes from season 1 that made us laugh and touched us in inspiring ways- because that’s what the coach does best.
If you haven’t had a chance to binge watch the first season yet or have no idea what we’re talking about take a look at the trailer below:
1. “Takin’ on a challenge is a lot like riding a horse. If you’re comfortable while you’re doin’ it, you’re probably doin’ it wrong”
2. Rebecca: “How do you take your tea?”
Ted: “Well, usually I take it right back to the counter because somebodies made a horrible mistake”
3. “I like the idea of someone becoming rich because of what they gave to the world, not just because of who their family is”
4. Jamie: “Coach, I’m me. Why would I want to be anything else?”
Ted: “I’m not sure you realize how psychologically healthy that actually is”
5. “If God would have wanted games to end in a tie, she wouldn’t have invented numbers”
6. “In my mind, you gotta have three things to be a Premiere League team. 1) You gotta play physical. 2) You gotta give 100 percent until the final whistle and 3) You gotta be sponsored by a Middle-Eastern airline”
7. Rebecca: “Do you believe in ghosts?”
Ted: “I do, but more importantly, I believe they need to believe in themselves”
8. “For me, success is not about the wins and losses. It’s about helping these young fellas be the best versions of themselves on and off the field”
9. “You know what the happiest animal on Earth is? It’s a goldfish. You know why? Got a ten-second memory. Be a goldfish, Sam”
10. “When it comes to locker rooms, I like ’em just like my mother’s bathing suits. I only wanna see ’em in one piece”
Watch Season 1 now on Apple TV.
Ted Lasso Facebook Group
Dedicated to AFC Richmond Head Coach Ted Lasso. Share everything Ted Lasso! Latest news, quotes, GIFs, MEMEs, reviews – just spread joy and happiness!